An update from Fiona Marshall, AgPlus' CEO:
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my October update.
It was the exciting new technology at AgPlus that attracted me to join the business in 2018. I could immediately see the potential to commercialise this point of care device to the benefit of patients and healthcare providers through faster, cost-effective diagnosis.
Over the last two years, the team has made considerable progress:
- Great strides have been made with the development of our lab-based reader to allow us to robustly test our electrochemistry immunoassays.
- We have worked closely with Kinnear Dufort, our design partner in Bristol and we are now in the process of completing our Agilistm POC platform to launch in 2020.
- STI-Limited have been selected as our principle manufacturing partner.
- Our cartridge development is complete and we are working with Thinxxs (IDEX) to set up and validate the manufacturing line in Germany.
Thinxxs’ unrivalled experience with fluidic cartridge development has supported the AgPlus goal of a disposable cost effective assay.
- We have two key business partners with whom we are collaborating - one in China and one in US.
- In 2020, clinical trials will be undertaken for an assay to differentiate bacterial versus viral infection and an assay to diagnose Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
All this supports our vision to establish AgPlus as the go-to provider of a PoC platform for detection of multiple diseases.
2020/21 will be a breakthrough year for AgPlus when we will see the first commercial product resulting from the hard work of our professional team and the continued support from our investors.
Thank you for your interest in our new website which showcases what we stand for and where we are going. Please visit us again for regular updates and I hope to see you at MEDICA.
Best wishes, Fiona