Reporting to: Senior production development scientist
Location: AgPlus Diagnostics, The Exchange, Colworth Science Park, Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, MK441LZ
Hours of work: 08:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AgPlus is currently developing a quantitative Point of Care (PoC) diagnostic platform that can be used in multiple market applications which enables faster, more accurate diagnosis and targeted treatment.
We are currently looking to employ a full-time production technician to support the manufacturing and R&D team within AgPlus. This is an ideal opportunity for a school leaver, graduate or part time student to gain experience within the scientific industry or looking to move into the manufacturing industry. This position will primarily require preparing in house standardized buffers for use within the R&D and manufacturing laboratories. Regular stock checks and maintaining the MRP system with supervision. Assistance on fulfilling manufacturing project requirements and manufacturing assembly. General laboratory housekeeping.
The role will require hands on laboratory skills, an understanding of Microsoft office and stock systems work. However, full training in all procedures will be given, so an enthusiasm for learning in a fast-paced growing environment is essential.
- To assist on projects within manufacturing department to allow the team to successfully complete project goals within required timescales.
- Ensure good communication within the manufacturing team to achieve set goals.
- Using SOPs to prepare in house buffers for use in the R&D department, whilst keeping regular checks on buffers to ensure minimum stock requirements are always met.
- Assisting in the writing of SOPs for any new buffers that are requirement within the R&D and manufacturing department.
- Working closely with the manufacturing team to run the MRP system and undergo regular stock checks.
- Assisting in the manufacturing of the AgPlus cartridge.
- General laboratory cleaning.
- Autoclaving of all hazardous waste.
- Any other duties as defined by AgPlus from time to time and as needs dictate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication speaking skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- The ability to work as an individual or as part of a busy team.
- High attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills.
- Basic computer skills- Excel, Outlook, Work
- Educated to A level or degree level in any science related discipline so there is an understanding of basic chemicals and reagent preparation.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working within a laboratory (full training will be given).
- Previous experience in preparing standardised buffers following SOPs.
- An understanding of how MRP systems work.